Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The home stretch.

Yes, sir. This is it. The holidays are over, it is 2008, and this week marks an official TWO MONTHS and counting. I could not possibly be more likely to pee my pants at any given mention of my impending move to Granada.

For my own sanity, and at the risk of boring readers to death, I am going to list the tasks which I still must accomplish by March 7, 2008:

1. Pay ViaLingua final course fees and accommodation fees (having difficulty with the money wiring system)

2. Find a 6-month home for Freddy

3. Take pictures and put up a Craigslist ad to find a new tenant for my apartment

4. Rent a storage unit/move belongings to a storage unit (1st week of March/last week of Feb.)

5. Tell employer I am leaving!

6. Doctor Appointments: Dentist, Gyno, Allergist, Orthopedist, Optical (new glasses)

7. Settle Auto-insurance Claim with Geico (hopefully for a decent amount)

8. Make a list of what to pack

9. Buy a webcam and make sure it works with Ian's webcam (also download and test Skype)

10. To buy: webcam, laptop sleeve/case, goretex shoes for hiking, bed roll/sleeping bag, luggage lock, toiletry/cosmetics case

11. Study/read TEFL book from cover to cover to prepare for course

12. Research:
a. health insurance
b. traveler's insurance
c. money exchange and foreign banking

13. Detail-plan my 2-week backpacking trip with Matt (taking place before the CTEFL course) - emphasis on BUDGET!

Now, I suppose one might consider these things perfectly do-able within a 2-month time frame. However, I am feeling quite overwhelmed by every little detail PLUS the tiny increments of time and effort that each little detail requires. I also have caught the infamous "winter cold," which is absolutely miserable, but I seem to be reaching the light end of the tunnel, so hopefully I will gain a healthy momentum in these next few days and knock out some of these major tasks.

For the record, I just made a dentist and an orthopedist appointment for next week (!!!). After the orthopedist visit, I can call up Geico and try to harass the adjuster into a quick settlement. At this point, I just want to have the thing over and done with. So, at least this blog has helped me to accomplish those things!

Er, sorry to put you through all that : /

No comments: