Thursday, January 10, 2008

Can I get a "Amen!"?!?


I just went to google image and typed in "I'm Done!" and this is what it brought me. Check out the cat in the front! He is not well pleased.

Apartment, SOLD! Last orthopaedic visit, DONE. Dentist visit, LOOMING. Storage unit, RESERVED. Yesterday, I paid the whopping $2,000+ in remaining fees and accommodation costs to ViaLingua, so now that, too is finished.

!!!!

Yippy skippy. Yes, I just said that. Or typed it. "Yippy skippy" is one of those phrases that I personally feel is just so overpoweringly marvelous that it becomes really obnoxious after too much use, but in this particular scenario, on this particular day of all days, it feels incredibly appropriate. And here I go, throwing in an invective infix and an exclamation mark for good measure: Yippy Damn Skippy!

Now, in addition to the impending doom of my dentist visit (in case you didn't know it, I'm turrrified of the obligatory dentist), I must deal with the heartbreaking chore of finding someone to keep my beloved Freddykins. Every spare "lovin" moment that I get to spend with him (and those of you who know this quirky feline know what ritual is entailed by "lovin") and I think about leaving him behind, I get a big ol' lump in my throat and my knees feel a bit week and I just don't feel quite right in the tummy. All this is tripled by the idea that I might have to leave him with someone untrustworthy or irresponsible or downright mean. The thought seriously makes me sick that he would suffer even a single day because of my selfish desire to see a foreign land and spread my love of language. Is this what parents go through over their snotty little kids?? It must be. After all, Freddy pukes a lot and does tend to claw up my good bed skirt - yet I love him still! At any rate, I do hope that I find someone reliable to watch over my sweet kitty.

In other news, I finally put away some reticent anger I was feeling towards a certain relative of mine who shall remain nameless, and I'm flooded with relief. I couldn't sleep last night around midnight because the words to a letter I wanted to write this person were running through my mind, and I was too afraid I would forget them by the time I woke up the next day. So, I sat up at 12:30am and typed out about 300 words or so, and come to find out this morning, I don't even have her email address or myspace page. Go figure. Now I'm left with this perfectly satisfying summation of all that I want to say to this person and literally nowhere to put it. I suppose I could always just stick it in the mailbox, old-skool style. Maybe I'll do that, to get it out of my hands and off of my mind.

I can't wait for the weekend. Holla.














No comments: