Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Working in the BLACK

Being an American in Spain SUCKS, in short.

I went on an interview yesterday to a school that has a (underground) reputation in the TEFL world here for hiring non-certified or non-legal (a.k.a. ME) teachers, but they seemed very adamant about not hiring Americans and said, basically, that they wouldn't hire me. Ever.

Very demoralizing.

But, on the upside, I might have a possible job with a summer camp in Madrid lined up for July. It will pay 1300 euros (woohoo!) plus accommodation, food, and transportation to Madrid - can't beat that with a stick. I'll live in a little wooden cabin and have to work six hours a day, but the rest of the days will be mine to do what I want with. If this falls through, I'm going to contact the guy at the Finland camp that Lindy knows about and possibly try to line up work then. Madrid or Finland...hm??? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments: