Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How beautiful is it??




Ok, so at first I was travelling and didn't have my laptop or a dependable internet signal in order to post anything, but now here I am after my first two (twelve-hour) days of the TEFL course, and I'm bloody tired (picked up some new british expressions from my classmates) and have absolutely NO time in which to post anything.


However, I'm stopping from productivity and lesson planning and worrying about my first teaching session tomorrow to impart how absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous this country is, how warm and loving the ppl are, how delicious the food is (when you know how to ask for it and what to ask for...), and in general how you've all got to get your asses over here and experience it for yourself.


I love Europe. I don't know that I want to leave. Ever. I feel like I fit in here as a traveller, a lifelong student, a language teacher, and a human being. You find connections in the strangest placest, really, when you're not even looking for them.


The first pic from above is a view of the Calle Darro (a street which runs along the base of the hill on which sits the Alhambra), and the other is a view of the olive groves and amazing landscape from the train ride through Andalucia - we rode direct from Algeciras, through Ronda, and back to Granada for the weekend of Semana Santa. I don't know how I chose these two out of the 700+ photos I've taken so far, but they at least show how amazing the scenery is around here. There are so many other sides just of Granada, let alone the rest of Andalucia.


I think gradually, or maybe one night when I'm all caught up on my studies, I'll post a flickr page with all my pics for you all to see. Until then, they'll have to come in bits and bobs (british english, which is the standard my course is adhering to, by the by) by way of my blogspot.


HOLA, de Granada!!




2 comments:

becki said...

yea! if stevie writes, I'll read it! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah! Japan, huh? I get the feeling you're never coming back. I shall start saving my money now! Keep rockin'