Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Estoy en Madrid!!!

Jetlag was a bitch, but after the tapas dinner and 14 hours of sleep I got, my first official day in Madrid was amazing. I started with a cappuchino outside at a cafe, with flamenco guitar serenading me in a madrilño street pocket, got lost finding the Centro de Arte Reina Sofia but finally found and saw Guernica, ate paella and drank rioja for dinner, and now I´m off to try gelato or maybe churros y chocolate, depending on my mood. Not too shabby! And I think all I´ve spent today is about 30euros (Madrid is pricey).

Tomorrow, it´s off to Granada by bus. I overpacked, most definitely, and it is miserable lugging around all that stuff. Luckily, my friend Ann in Granada agreed to keep my three suitcases while I travel around Andalucia.

Also of note, I had crazy anxiety dreams while dozing in and out of jetlag sleep. Too much luggage, "What have I done?", and "Where the hell am I?!" were some of the themes. I never knew jetlag also brought with it a sense of depression. Good thing the majesty of Madrid counteracted all that!

BTW, London SUCKS (at least the airport, I mean...$50 for two hamburgers!! And they were SHITTY).

Pictures to come, once I figure out the wi-fi system. I have lots already!!

No comments: