Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Triple Dragon, Happy Family



Maybe I'm a bit of a natural mystic, or maybe it's a leftover symptom of having dated a turbo hippie (thanks, Hippie Matt), but from time to time I like to read my horoscope (or sometimes a fortune cookie...), and I always find myself taken aback when it rings just a bit true.

Here's the connection: I have been feeling a bit burnt out from all the preparing, Spanish studying, worrying, etc., that lately I haven't felt like doing anything. And of course that scares me because I only have three months until Granada, and you know me - I am a worrier (much as I hate to admit it). Anyway, I feel lazy and burnt out but at the same time guilty for those feelings, like I should be doing something productive at every waking hour.

But I think my horoscope is telling me to call my friends. To have some long-needed conversations and to ask all of my friends who have travelled abroad about their experiences. I want to take those stories with me. I think that will be a happy combination of my burn out with my need to feel prepared. I can relax and just focus on my relationships with the ppl I love and at the same time feel a little less alone in what I'm about to do (see earlier post from today).

Now as for that "Let the kid in you out" part...I don't have an effing clue!

No comments: